Sauteed Chicken Breast with Spring Onions Tarragon Jus
Yield: 4 portions
Ingredients – Chicken
4 ea Chicken breast, airline, 8 ounce each
1 oz Olive oil
to taste Salt
to taste Black Pepper
Ingredients – Spring Onion Tarragon Jus
3 ea. Spring onions, slice in ¼ “ rounds
2 qts. Chicken stock
1 Tbsp. Tarragon, chopped
1 tsp. Cornstarch, mixed with 1 Tablespoon water
to taste Salt and pepper
- For the Chicken: Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and the chicken breasts, skin side down. Let cook over medium heat, moving periodically to ensure they are not sticking to the pan. Cook until the skin is golden brown and crisp. Turn the chicken over and let cook for 1 minute on the other side. Remove from the pan and place on a baking sheet. Roast in a 350 ‘F oven until cooked through. Reserve the sauté pan to make the jus.
- For the Spring Onion Tarragon Jus: In the pan that the chicken breasts were cooked in, remove the excess fat. Add the spring onions and sauté for 1 minute. Add the chicken stock to deglaze the pan, scraping up the fond that formed on the bottom. Let the chicken stock reduce 3/4 to approximately 2 cups.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture and whisk until slightly viscous. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the tarragon, and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken with the Jus pour over top.
Roasted marble potatoes, sautéed spinach and chard with maitake mushrooms.