herb marinated grilled pork loin paillards with roasted pepper and mushroom compote
Yield: 8 servings
Ingredients – Pork Loin Paillards
4 ea Pork loin, boneless, 5-6 oz each
1/2 c herbs: equal portions of tarragon, thyme, sage, and parsley
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
to taste Salt & Black Pepper
Ingredients – roasted pepper & mushroom compote
6 ea garlic cloves, sliced
3 oz extra virgin olive oil
1 lb. mushroom, your favorite, cut in halves or quarters
2 ea. red pepper, roasted, seeded, cut in large dice
2 ea. spring onions, slice in 1/4″ rounds
to taste salt and pepper
- Pork Loin Paillards: Take a large piece plastic wrap (the length of the cutting board) and lay it on a clean cutting board.
- Place 1 piece of the pork, place 2-3 inches away from the edge of the plastic closest to you. Fold the far edge of the plastic wrap towards you, so the pork is enclosed, leaving a 2” space around the meat.
- Gently pound the pork to a ¼” thickness. When pounding, start in the middle then gently and gradually work towards the edge. Note: If you pound too hard, you will break the fibers, and affect the meat’s texture.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Combine the herbs and extra virgin olive oil in a small dish. Toss the pork with the herb mixture and marinate for 3-4 hours.
- Preheat a grill to medium high heat. Place pork on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Set aside and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Roasted Pepper and Mushroom Compote: In a small sauce pot, heat the 2 ounces of olive oil with the garlic. Cook on low heat until translucent. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the pan, add in 1 oz of olive oil and the mushrooms. Sauté until slightly caramelized.
- Place mushrooms in a large bowl with the peppers and spring onions.
- Pour the garlic and oil over top and gently mix, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- To Serve: Place the paillard on the plate then top with the compote and enjoy!