Crispy Pan Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Pair with North Coast Cabernet Sauvignon
Yield: 4 Portions
1 lb Brussel sprouts
2 oz EVOO
1/4c Walnut, halves
1/4c Pomegranate seeds
to taste Salt
to taste Ground Black Pepper
For the Brussel Sprouts
- Preheat a 375°F oven. Place a cast iron pan in the oven to heat.
- Remove the tough outer leaves from the brussel sprouts. Cut in half. Toss brussel sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the brussel sprouts cut side down in the hot cast iron pan.
- Place in the oven and let cook for 8 – 10 minutes, add the walnuts and toss. Leave in the oven and roast until tender, brown and crisp.
- Remove from the oven and toss with fresh pomegranate seeds and drizzle with olive oil. Serve.