Valentine’s Day Treat
1 C Merlot (or any red wine)
1 C Chopped Dark Chocolate
1 C Chopped Dried Cherries
2 T Toasted Ground Hazelnut
1 T Maldon Salt
- Chop the dried cherries into small pieces and set aside.
- Bring 1 cup wine to boil and reduce to ½ Cup.
- Add the chopped cherries to the wine reduction. Return mixture to a boil.
- Once it starts to bubble, remove from heat and cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator (overnight for best results).
- Toast the hazelnuts in the oven for around 5 minutes, remove from the oven and cool. Once cool, chop the hazelnuts into small pieces and set aside.
- Remove the cherries from the refrigerator and strain, then spread the cherries out evenly on a tray and blot dry with a paper towel.
- Chop the chocolate and place in a microwave safe bowl and slowly melt in 15 second intervals.
- Once the chocolate is melted, add the cherries and stir until combined. Spoon little mounds of the chocolate cherries onto a tray.
- While the chocolate is still soft, add a flake of Maldon salt and lightly sprinkle hazelnut pieces over the top of the cluster.
- Allow for the chocolate to set up 10-15 minutes and enjoy with your glass of our Small Block Series Merlot.