Spring Chopped Salad
Pair with Hess Select Sauvignon Blanc
Yield: 4 portions
Ingredients – Honey Vinaigrette
3 ea. Shallots, chopped fine
½ cup White balsamic vinegar
¼ cup Honey, local
2 cups Extra virgin olive oil
to taste Salt and Pepper
1 lb. Baby mixed greens
3 ea. Carrots, peeled, small diced
1 cup English peas, blanched
1 pt. Cherry tomatoes cut in half or quarter depending on size,
or diced tomatoes
1 bu. Asparagus, blanched, cut into ¼ “ rounds
4 ea. Hard boiled eggs, organic, chopped
1 cup Fava beans, blanched, peeled*
1 cup Goat feta, local, diced
1 bu. Red radishes, cut into quarters, then sliced thin
1 ea. Avocado, peeled, diced
- For the Vinaigrette: Place the shallots in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add in vinegar. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the honey and olive oil to emulsify. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add more honey if desired.
- On a large platter or bowl, spread the baby greens.
- Place the remaining ingredients in rows across the baby greens; rows of carrots, English peas, cherry tomatoes, asparagus, eggs, fava beans, feta, radishes and then avocadoes.
- To Serve: Drizzle with the vinaigrette, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then gently toss.
For best results use produce locally grown produce.
* 2 lbs whole fava beans in the pod will yield approximately 1 cup of peeled, blanched fava beans.