Pan Roasted Chicken Breast with Green Peppercorn & Roasted Shallot Cream Sauce
4 ea. chicken breast, 8 oz. each, airline (skin-on, boneless chicken breast with first wing joint still attached- see photo on front)
1 oz. olive oil
1 oz. olive oil
1 cup shallots, sliced
SHALLOT CREAM SAUCE
1 cup red wine
2 tsp. green peppercorns, crushed
1 cup chicken stock
4 oz. heavy cream
4 oz. butter
1 Tbsp. parsley, chopped salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and chicken breasts, skin side down. Let cook over medium heat, moving periodically to ensure they are not sticking to the pan.
- Cook until skin is golden brown and crisp. Turn chicken over and let cook for 1 minute on the other side. Remove from pan and place on a baking sheet. Reserve pan with brown bits (fond) to make sauce.
- Roast in a 350° F oven until cooked through- approximately 12-15 minutes to an internal temperature of 165° F. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Place shallots in a baking pan. Add olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix.
- Cover with foil and bake in the 350° F oven for 15 minutes or until slightly brown and tender.
Shallot Cream Sauce
- To deglaze the sauté pan the chicken was cooked in: pour wine into the pan and place over medium heat. Gently scrape the fond off the pan. Reduce wine until pan is almost dry.
- Add the green peppercorns and roasted shallots. Gently mix and add chicken stock. Reduce chicken stock to ½ cup.
- Add cream and reduce until sauce is thick. Whisk in butter over low heat, stirring constantly until butter melts but does not separate.
- Season with salt and pepper, stir in parsley.
To Serve: Optional to slice chicken into ½” thick pieces or leave whole. Place chicken on plate, then spoon sauce over top. TIP: Serve over a bed of sautéed spinach. Enjoy!