Pan Roasted Chicken Breast with Cous Cous Salad and Cilantro Puree
Yield: 4 portions
Ingredients – Chicken
4 ea Chicken breast, airline, 8 ounce each
1 oz Olive oil
to taste Salt
to taste Black Pepper
Ingredients – Cous Cous
2 cups Israeli cous cous, cooked according to package instructions
1 cup Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 cup Cucumber, seeded, diced
1/2 cup Almonds, sliced, toasted
Ingredients – Cilantro Puree
1 cup Cilantro
1 Tbsp. Garlic, roasted
2 Tbsp. Lemon juice
1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- For the Chicken: Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- 2. Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and the chicken breasts, skin side down. Let cook over medium heat, moving periodically to ensure they are not sticking to the pan. Cook until the skin is golden brown and crisp. Turn the chicken over and let cook for 1 minute on the other side. Remove from the pan and place on a baking sheet. Roast in a 350 ‘F oven until cooked through. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- For the Cilantro Puree: Combine all ingredients in the blender. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the Cous Cous: Combine cous cous, tomatoes, and cucumber in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with some of the Cilantro Puree. Add half of the nuts.
- To Serve: Slice the chicken into ½” thick pieces. Place a large spoonful of the cous cous in a bowl. Top with the chicken. Sprinkle with the remaining almonds and a couple of sprigs of cilantro. Add the tarragon, and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.