Grilled Angus New York Steak (OR LAMB) With Crispy Buttermilk Sweet Onions & Black-Eyed Pea Succotash Served with 19 Block Cuvée
Yield: 4 portions
4 10 oz. Angus New York steaks or 4 6 oz Lamb T-bones
1 lb Cooked black-eyed peas, preferably fresh
4 Ears White corn, cooked and removed from cob
1 ea Yellow & Red bell pepper, small dice
1 tsp. Garlic, minced
1 bunch Chives, minced
2 Tbs. Butter
Ingredients – crispy buttermilk onions
1 large Sweet onion
1 cup Buttermilk
1 cup All Purpose Flour seasoned w/ salt & pepper
Method – Steaks
- Season steaks with salt and black pepper, place on grill over medium heat. Cook to desired temperature. Remove and keep warm.
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan and add the garlic, cook for 10 seconds.
- Add the peas, corn spinach and peppers, cook until peas are heated through. Remove from heat add chives and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the succotash on a plate, slice the steaks and place on top with the crispy onions.
METHOD – Crispy Buttermilk Onion
- Slice onions and soak in buttermilk for 10 minutes
- Toss in flour mixture. Then deep fry until crispy.