GRILLED CHICKEN SKEWER WITH DRIED CHERRY AND OYSTER MUSHROOM COMPOTE
Pair with Treo Red Blend
Yield: 12 skewers
Ingredients – Chicken
12 ea Wooden skewers
1 ½ lbs. Chicken thigh meat, cut into 1” cubes
1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
to taste Salt and Pepper
Ingredients – Dried Cherry and Oyster Mushroom Compote
4 Tbsp. Olive oil
2 Tbsp. Garlic, slivered
½ lb. Oyster mushrooms, chopped
1 cup Dried cherries, chopped
2 Tbsp. Whole grain mustard
1 Tbsp. Chives, chopped
to taste Salt and pepper
- Place the oil and garlic in a small saucepot. Heat over low heat and cook until the garlic is tender. Set aside.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the oyster mushrooms and some of the garlic oil. Sauté until the mushrooms are golden brown.
- Combine the mushrooms, cherries, garlic, mustard and chives in a bowl. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Soak skewers in water for 15 minutes. This will help prevent the skewers from burning.
- Preheat a medium grill.
- For the Chicken: Season chicken meat with salt and pepper. Let sit for 30 minutes to overnight. Place 3 – 4 pieces of meat on each skewer,
Grill kebabs until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with Dried Cherry and Oyster Mushroom Compote.