FALL VEGETABLE SOUP WITH HERB CROUTONS
Pair with TREO Red Blend
Yield: 6 servings
6 c Vegetable Stock (homemade or store bought)
6 ea. Roma Tomatoes, charred
1 ea. Sweet Onion, medium diced
6 ea. Garlic Cloves, sliced thin
1 ea. Small Butternut Squash, peeled, seeded & medium diced (about 2 cups)
1 lb. Oyster Mushrooms, tear in half
3 ea. Large Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled & medium diced
2 Tbsp. Fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
2 c White Beans (cook your own, or canned, drained)
2 Tbsp. EVOO
Salt and Pepper
For the Herb Croutons:
3 c Day Old Bread, cubed
1 Tbsp. Italian Parsley, chopped
For the Soup:
- Char tomatoes under broiler on all sides. Purée and set aside.
- In soup pot, add oil & diced onions. Cook half way, add garlic, mushrooms, rosemary. Cook for five minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Add charred tomato purée, butternut squash, potatoes and simmer for twenty minutes or until squash and potatoes are tender.
- Add white beans and simmer for five more minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For the Herb Croutons
- Add all ingredients together and toss, place on baking sheet.
- Bake in 350 degree oven until golden brown.
- Server over hot soup.