Pair with our Small Block Series Collector’s Cuvée
4 oz. egg yolks
2 ¼ cup sugar (divided in half)
1 Tbsp. coffee extract
4 oz. heavy cream
1 ea. gelatin sheet
3 oz. egg whites
⅛ tsp. cream of tartar
Candied or toasted almonds
Dried strawberries or fresh raspberries
Almond ice cream
- Whisk egg yolks and 1⅛ cups sugar over a hot water bath (double boiler) in medium size bowl. Whisk until mixture is pale, doubled in volume and cooked to 170º F.
- Remove from heat and add coffee extract. Set aside.
- Bloom gelatin in cold water. Once bloomed squeeze out excess liquid and set aside.
- Whip heavy cream to soft peaks, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg whites, cream of tartar and 1⅛ cups of sugar. Cook over a hot water bath to 120º F.
- Add the bloomed gelatin and whip until cool and stiff peaks have formed.
- Once cool, fold the meringue into the coffee mixture, then fold in the whipped cream.
- Using a mold like a muffin tin or a cake pan (you can get creative), line it with plastic wrap first and then transfer the mixture to your desired mold. Freeze overnight.
Serve with a drizzle of chocolate sauce, candied or toasted almonds, berries of your choice, and almond ice cream.