CHOCOLATE LAVA COOKIE
Pair with Allomi Cabernet Sauvignon
71g (2.5 oz) Cake Flour
4.5g (1.5 oz) Baking Powder
5g (1.7 oz) Salt
156g (5.5 oz) Unsweetened Chocolate
454g (16 oz) Bittersweet Chocolate
85g (3 oz) Butter
340g (11oz) Eggs
454g (16 oz) Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
156g (5.5 oz)Toasted Walnuts (Chopped)
510g (1.75 oz) Chocolate Chips
For the Chocolate Lava Cookies
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- Melt the unsweetened and bittersweet chocolates together with the butter in a baine marie.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar on high until they are very thick and are at a ribbon stage. Use a standard table top mixer.
- Turn the mixer to a low setting and pour the chocolate mixture into the eggs.
- Add the dry ingredients just until they are incorporated. Switch to a paddle attachment and add the walnuts and the chocolate chips.
- Let the dough rest until it is firm. Scoop the cookies with a small ice cream scoop. Dip the scoop in hot water after each cookie is formed.
- Bake at 325F for 6 minutes. Turn the sheetpan and bake for another 5 minutes.