Carrot Ginger Soup
Pair with Monterey Chardonnay
Yield: 8 servings
2 Tbsp. Canola oil
2 cups Onion, diced
2 lbs. Carrots, peeled, diced
¼ cup Ginger, minced
1 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
2 cans Coconut milk, 13.5 oz cans
½ qt Vegetable stock
To taste Salt and pepper
¼ cup Yogurt, greek
1 Tbsp. Chives, chopped
- Heat a saucepot over medium heat.
- Add the oil, onions, and carrots, let cook until the onions are translucent, approximately 15 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic, cook until aromatic. Add the coconut milk and vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer and cook until the carrots are tender.
- Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- To Serve: pour into a bowl. Garnish with yogurt and chives