- 3 ea. Shallots, chopped fine
- ½ cup White balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup Honey, local
- 2 cups Extra virgin olive oil
- to taste Salt and Pepper
- 1 lb. Baby mixed greens
- 3 ea. Carrots, peeled, small diced
- 1 cup English peas, blanched
- 1 pt. Cherry tomatoes cut in half or quarter depending on size, or diced tomatoes
- 1 bu. Asparagus, blanched, cut into ¼ “ rounds
- 4 ea. Hard boiled eggs, organic, chopped
- 1 cup Fava beans, blanched, peeled*
- 1 cup Goat feta, local, diced
- 1 bu. Red radishes, cut into quarters, then sliced thin
- 1 ea. Avocado, peeled, diced
Place the shallots in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add in vinegar. Let sit for 10 minutes.
Whisk in the honey and olive oil to emulsify. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add more honey if desired.
On a large platter or bowl, spread the baby greens.
Place the remaining ingredients in rows across the baby greens; rows of carrots, English peas, cherry tomatoes, asparagus, eggs, fava beans, feta, radishes and then avocadoes.
Drizzle with the vinaigrette, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then gently toss.
For best results use produce locally grown produce.
* 2 lbs whole fava beans in the pod will yield approximately 1 cup of peeled, blanched fava beans.